Contact / Social
Bunch competed in high school for Leavenworth High School and in university for Edinboro University of Pennsylvania, where he was a four-time NCAA qualifier and two-time All-American. He was also an U.S. national and Pan American champion, and two-time Olympic alternate at 133 lb (60 kg). In June 2012, he lost toColeman Scott at a wrestle-off, which decided the final Olympic roster spot.
Bunch made his professional and promotional debut on November 30, 2012 at Bellator 82 against Chad Coon. He won via unanimous decision (30-27, 30-27, 30-27).
Bunch was expected to face Steve Garcia on July 31, 2013 at Bellator 97. However, Garcia was replaced by Russell Wilson due to injury. Bunch defeated Wilson via split decision (29-28 Bunch, 29-28 Wilson, 29-28 Bunch).
Bunch/Garcia eventually took place on October 25, 2013 at Bellator 105. He had his first mixed martial arts defeat via TKO in the third round.
After a long layoff, Bunch faced David Duran at Bellator 127 on October 3, 2014. He won the fight via KO in the first round.
- FILA/USA Wrestling (Freestyle wrestling)
- World Olympic Games Qualifying Tournament: 3rd place (2012)
- Pan American Olympic Qualifying Tournament: 3rd place (2012)
- Pan American Championships: Gold medal (2007)
- USA Open: Champion (2010)
- USA Open: Runner-up (2011)
- USA Nationals: Champion (2008)
- USA Nationals: 3rd place (2007)
- USA Olympic Team Trials: Runner-up (2008)
- USA World Team Trials: Champion (2009)
- USA World Team Trials: Runner-up (2011)
- USA World Team Trials: Runner-up (2010)
- USA World Team Trials: 4th place (2007)
- National Collegiate Athletic Association